National Tea Day!
National Tea Day is April 21. Why wait for one day to celebrate tea when tea can be enjoyed year-round? Here are 5 reasons why we should celebrate tea daily:
- Tea contains polyphenols. These antioxidants help bolster the body against oxidative stress and associated pathologies like inflammation, coronary heart disease and cancer.
- Tea helps to give you focus and mental clarity. It contains caffeine and the amino acid L-Theanine, which when consumed in combination can reduced mental fatigue, while increasing reaction time and working memory.
- Tea relaxes and calms us. The act of pouring and enjoying tea can help to wash away stress and settle us into our day or evening.
- Tea is exciting! Whether you like green, black, white, oolong, puerh, or botanical teas, there are hundreds of varieties and countless blends to keep you intrigued and enlivened!
- And last, but certainly not least, tea brings us together. Tea has traditionally been a way to pass time and relax with our friends and family. Although we cannot share immediate space right now, tea can make you feel connected. Have a virtual tea time with your pals or family – tea inspires communication and sharing, and there’s nothing like the bond that can be made over a cup of tea.
Written by Boo Curry, Tea Tender and Social Media Lead with Lake Missoula Tea Company
Previous Post | Next Post